[WikiEN-l] Being bold doesn't work anymore, or why our prose is so bad.

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 8 14:51:40 UTC 2007

> On 9/8/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> '''John Smith''' was born on January 1, 1864, and died on January 1, 1899.

> on 9/8/07 10:01 AM, Steve Bennett at stevagewp at gmail.com wrote:

> Awful. I don't even know why he's notable or what he did.

That would be in the first paragraph of the Article:

Born in London, he was one of Britain's most prominent 19th century
novelists, best known for his Acanthus trilogy.

>> The last paragraph of the Article would read:

OK :-) The last paragraph of the biographical data would read:

John Smith died in Tunbridge Wells, England from [cause of death]

Marc