[WikiEN-l] dueling templates

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 8 07:47:09 UTC 2007

Brock Weller wrote:
> Trivia sections are not encyclopedic. We require non-trivial sources,
> and we shouldnt be one ourselves. If they dont fit elsewhere then they
> are rightly dropped.

Wikipedia is a work in progress. Often the random bits of information
that appear in a "trivia" section are things that will _eventually_ fit
into a better-structured article, but if the article isn't developed
enough yet they may not fit _right now._

Declaring trivia sections to be "Bad" and deleting them out of hand is
likely to throw away raw material that would be useful in a more
finished article.

> You can thank us for the usable encyclopedia
> later when you figure it out.

Deleting something that's currently incomplete doesn't increase the
encyclopedia's overall completeness.