[WikiEN-l] Follow-up on my Ban from Wikipedia (part 3)

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Sep 8 02:26:23 UTC 2007

Flame Viper wrote:
> This section of the message is simply a list of links relevant to the events discussed previously.
>

> So now you know the (mostly) complete story of the Flamey  Snake.
> I hope you can use this information for good, and not simply for my unblocking, but to improve the conditions for editors on Wikipedia as a whole.
While I read your first post I could sympathize to some degree, but I,
like many others here, was not interested in reading a long-winded life
history that was so prolix that it had to be spread out over four messages.

Some have suggested that this list is used for last chance appeals.
Maybe so, but that is completely unofficial.  For that to work you need
to get the point.  With excess verbiage you risk losing those who would
be more inclined to give you support.

In the outside world appeals courts do not go through all the minutiae
of evidence, but are more inclined to look at whether in broad terms the
rules have been unjustly applied.

Ec