[WikiEN-l] Being bold doesn't work anymore, or why our prose is so bad.

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 7 15:59:06 UTC 2007

Anthony wrote:
> On 9/7/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Ben Yates wrote:
>>> We really, really need stable versions.  There's no point in trying to
>>> spruce up the writing style of heavily-trafficked articles until we
>>> get them; I gave up a long time ago.
>> There's a new MediaWiki version coming up very soon now, will stable
>> versions finally be enabled in it?
>>
> Can someone explain how stable versions could possibly help any of this?

In the case of prose quality degrading over time due to subsequent edits
adding poorly-integrated material it will allow the older "high-quality"
version of the article to be marked and displayed prominently while the
edits go on, only updating the marked version to a more recent one once
the article reaches a new level of quality that's better overall.