[WikiEN-l] Follow-up on my Ban from Wikipedia (part 2)

Flame Viper flameviper12 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 20:41:00 UTC 2007

NOTE: This message is the second part of a 3-part message which is over the size limit. I am sending all 3 parts at the same time.

On the Wikipedia IRC channel, I have a confrontation with the user Somitho (his IRC nick is Soms). We later become friends, but at that point we were mortal enemies. He says that he is filing a complaint to my ISP. I blank my own userpage (while logged in) and replace it with the text "I AM BANNED FROM THE INTERNET!!!111", linked to Somitho's userpage. It was more or less a sarcastic joke, because by then it had become obvious that my ISP was not going to shut off my Internet.

As a result of this dickery on my part, someone continually reverts my userpage, saying it is a personal attack on Somitho (how that constitutes a personal attack I will never know). Elaragirl somehow becomes involved in this and leaves a comment on my talk page. I don't remember what it was, but it was interesting enough to make me go to her talk page and read the linked page "EL:TEACUP" which was an essay in her userspace that talked about how she was not easily offended and that she didn't mind coarse language. Of course, I had been itching for months to find another editor who had the same "to hell with it" attitude as I, and so I left a message on her talk page. I wanted to make it clear that although we seemed to agree on many things, when two people have the same personality it will occasionally create dislike between the two people, and that I did not want that to happen.

After reading my comment on Elaragirl's talk page, Yanksox decided to indefinitely block me without consensus. AFTER THE BLOCK, it was discussed on AN/I. Still no consensus, but I remained blocked. I created another account to bring the case up at the Arbitration Committee, but they didn't give a crap (as usual for bureaucracies) and ignored it completely. An infamous e-mail passed between me and Ryan Postlewait, which was presented at WP:AN/I and so badly misinterpreted that I will not even discuss it here.

After the Soms/Elaragirl Saga, I remained blocked for a couple months.

I created an account named Two-Sixteen one day and began editing articles. I was courteous to everyone and was never warned for any reason. My intentions (although grand) were to edit excellently, become an administrator eventually, and then reveal myself to be Flameviper. Hopefully, the fact that an indefinitely-banned user could become a sysop would show everyone that I wasn't that bad after all, blah blah blah.

Two-Sixteen brings up the issue of Flameviper to CattleGirl, a sysop. I deliver a message to CattleGirl through e-mail.

The issue of my unblocking is brought up at WP:AN or some such board by SOMEONE OTHER THAN TWO-SIXTEEN. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

There is actually a discussion held, which results in a consensus to unblock me. Through the entire discussion, the user Metros continually takes every opportunity to attack me ("major stability issues", "is a troll").

Flameviper is unblocked.

Jpgordon performs a random-ass checkuser and finds that Two-Sixteen and Flameviper are the same person.

Both accounts are indef-blocked.

And of course, everyone proceeds to take their free pot shot at me.