[WikiEN-l] Use of info from wikipedia by press

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 5 23:23:40 UTC 2007

The Higher Education Supplement of the Australian in speculating whether
the current Vice Chancellor of Lancaster University in the UK is in the
running to become VC of the University of Sydney, uses information from
wikipedia to describe the candidate:-

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22363294-14981,00.html

Some of that information is what I added when I started the article in
January 2006 when I saw a redlink and made a stub. One would have
thought that the premier newspaper in Oz would do I bit more research
for a candidate to be VC of the oldest university in Oz, particulary
when the article has no references. The article is:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wellings_%28Lancaster_University%29

I guess I had better find some sources.

Brian.

          Brian Salter-Duke            b_duke at bigpond.net.au
               [[User:Bduke]]  mainly on en:Wikipedia.
           Also on fr: Wikipedia, Meta-Wiki and Wikiversity