[WikiEN-l] The more I think about my ban from Wikipedia, the more I realize how wrong it was.

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:07:49 UTC 2007

On 9/6/07, Adrian <aldebaer at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Vee schrieb:
> > On 05/09/07, Flame Viper <flameviper12 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> blah blah blah
> >>

> > Nobody feed the troll.
> >
> Isn't this list moderated?

After a spate of recent complaints about the policy of not letting people
decide for themselves what they should read, we decided to unmoderate the
list so y'all could see what you've been missing out on.

Seriously, I'm not sure why this got through. Probably because either this
user was contributing nicely to the list for a while, thus being taken off
moderation, or because a mod has particularly lenient standards. Usually
it's the latter; I myself probably would have erred on the side of approving
it. Contrary to common belief, mods are not too strict about what appears on
the list; it's the *blatantly* repetitive/redundant/non-contributing stuff
that we reject.

Johnleemk