[WikiEN-l] Who's moderated?

Michael Noda michael.noda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 19:23:20 UTC 2007

On 9/5/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> David, what is a nuisance, a pain, or rubbish to you, may not be to me.

While this is true, I think this thread has shown pretty clearly that
you are a fairly far outlier in terms of your social expectations.
Not that this is a bad thing, but it would be unwise to expect the
list to change to meet those expectations, at least while the general
consensus remains as it is.

If your proposals are accepted, and the mailing list becomes
disagreeable to the majority of its active users (as they have
indicated it would), to the point that they leave and go elsewhere,
*what has been gained?*  This sort of thinking, elevating pragmatics
over principle in all but a few cases, has been enshrined in the
project since the beginning, in the form of [[Wikipedia:Ignore all
rules]], and that spirit continues to inform the vast majority (one
hopes!) of the community.

-Michael Noda