[WikiEN-l] Fromowner

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:33:50 UTC 2007

> I suspect that Mark was being less than entirely serious. Given it's
> current recognition I doubt the wikipedia logo will be going anywhere
> any time soon. Other logos are probably more open to changes.

I always forget that my sarcasm doesn't translate well across the internet :)

Wikipedia's logo is quite distinctive, changing that would probably be
a step backwards. But Monobook could do with a change.

I remember seeing a screenshot on meta somewhere of a new skin someone
designed for Wikinews, that never got used. It wasn't entirely bad, in
concept.

As it stands at the moment, I think Monobook is too complex, because
over the years we've been using it, little links have been added here
and there, making it a bit of a patchwork quilt.