[WikiEN-l] Fromowner

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 5 16:24:50 UTC 2007

Oskar Sigvardsson wrote:
> Maybe hiring a graphic designer to do some work and mockups and things
> isn't such a terrible idea. I realise that we're strapped for cash,
> but unless we want to look exactly the same in another five years
> (which would make us positively prehistoric), I don't think there is
> all that many other options.

Among our thousands of editors, I'm sure there are a bunch who are also
good graphic designers - do they know that we'd be interested in
somebody volunteering to do a new design? Not to mention other
professional designers who would leap at the chance to add "designed
Wikipedia's overall look" to their resume, and would do the work gratis.
In fact, we should be able to announce the opportunity and then pick
from several competitors - not every day that a graphic designer gets to
do a makeover for one of the world's best-known websites.

Stan