[WikiEN-l] Capitalised section headings

Adrian aldebaer at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 5 08:31:11 UTC 2007

Steve Bennett schrieb:
> Is it just me, or is the capitalisation of section headings becoming
> more and more common?
>
> Here's one:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Davies
Well, someone fixed it. On the other hand, when I see this article, the
first thing that pops in my mind is things like notability,
unreferenced, wp:not#plot and the like. Section headings would only have
come somewhere down the road.

Peter Ansell schrieb:
> On 05/09/07, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/5/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That's bad?  I thought it was preferred...
>>>
>> Ah. No, it's bad. From the WP:MOS:
>>
> Does the Manual Of Style need updating to reflect current practice?
> Wikipedia generally puts out the idea that it is not static.
Peter: In this case, the manual of style should be used to point other
users there so they learn about the standard styles. It's not a
collection of essays that chronicle the taste of the masses, or so I hope.

Adrian