[WikiEN-l] SEO

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 08:21:25 UTC 2007

On 9/3/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:
> You and I know that's the road to hell, of course. Meaning well is no
> excuse. But when dealing with them, it does keep my blood pressure lower
> to imagine that most of Wikipedia's spammers are like that: clueless but
> well-intentioned.

Solution: when mediawiki detects that most of a change consists of
adding an external link, it reads them the riot act. It takes them to
another page confirming that, yes, they really really really think
it's in Wikipedia's best interests to be adding this external link.

On the whole, we'd be better off just automatically reverting urls
submitted by anons.

Steve