[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia Expert wanted ad for Search Engine Optimisation project

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 03:30:34 UTC 2007

On 9/3/07, Keith Old <keithold at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have come across an advertisement for a programmer described as a
> Wikipedia expert for a secret project associated with Search Engine
> Optimisation.
> http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1188870645.shtml?ref=williepep
>
> The advertisement starts: I"'m looking for a Wikipedia expert. Must know a
> lot about Wikipedia and articles.
>
> I will only contract you after you showing me your portfolio that proves
> experience on this field. "
>
> I don't know exactly what this project is but I doubt it is in our best
> interests.
>
> Regards
>

> *Keith Old
> *
How much does it pay?  Since Wikipedia administrators allow all the
publisher socks to hang out and do what they want, this might be
better than editing.  I'm finding more of them just about every day,
and I bet I could do it better than they do, after all, although I'm a
bit of a hothead, my articles don't get reverted by idiots like me.

KP