[WikiEN-l] Who's moderated?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 15:21:07 UTC 2007

On 03/09/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for it being small, I'm not suprised. Only very active Wikipedians
> would be interested in the mailing list, and not all of them. In
> September 2006 (the last month I can find stats for - do we have stats
> anywhere from after the toolserver failed?), 4330 accounts made more
> than 100 edits. Accounting for growth, etc., I'd say about 10% of very
> active Wikipedians are on this mailing list. Seems about right.

As an official place for discussion of en:wp matters, this list tends
to select from the most interested.

As one of the last points of appeal for the banned (hence its position
as official sewer of en:wp - a function that makes the place cleaner
and nicer, but you probably don't want to fish through the output), it
tends to select from the least suited.

This creates an interesting list atmosphere requiring more work
moderating than any sensible list should ...

- d.