[WikiEN-l] Redirects, was Re: Re: Writing for the Pedia

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 21:56:22 UTC 2007

On 9/1/07, Christiano Moreschi <moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> >From: "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
> >To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
> >Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Redirects, was Re: Re: Writing for the Pedia
> >Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 21:21:49 +0100
> >
> >On 01/09/07, Christiano Moreschi <moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > RFD? Sounds to me like a convention of UFO fanboys. Terrifying!
> > > Redirects are useful. If you see a really silly one, nuke it. Why should
> >RFD
> > > even exist?
> >

> >To give people a page to feel powerful on?
> >
> >Make it part of misc for deletion again?
> >

> >- d.
>
> Or just simply list it on MFD. I still don't get why we have this page for
> redirect discussion. Redirects are fundamentally useful, fairly unimportant
> things that should be included wherever possible. Redirects are the obvious
> exception to my usual deletionism. Delete offensive and silly stuff wherever
> found - why the need for RFD?
>
> C More schi

Here's a redirect I nominated for deletion:

Raimondo Guarini 1765-1852 Italian
Archaeologist,Epigrapher,Poet,College President,Teacher

AT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raimondo_Guarini_1765-1852_Italian_Archaeologist%2CEpigrapher%2CPoet%2CCollege_President%2CTeacher

There's a reason for redirects for deletion.

I also nominated DAVID CREWS as a redirect for deletion.

Both articles were crappy articles at AfD with the article titles as
above.  Most RfD that I have seen have been redirmisnomers.  This can
be handled in mis for deletion, though.

KP