[WikiEN-l] Recent events (OT) Threadiquette

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 21:11:21 UTC 2007

The original content of my post, under this subject header, was about
the recent events involving a couple of our well-known and well-liked
admins, and apparent accusations of checkuser abuses.

The subject of how to deal with reading and catching up on threads was
secondary, although still somewhat related, but nevertheless off the
topic. This brought to mind the idea that people might integrate some
basic courtesy in posting threads which deviate from the core topic,
perhaps just by adding an (OT) in the subject line.

More to the point, condensing excessively long subject headers would
be good thing to do, particularly if they have words like "Nazis" and
"rape" in them.

-stevertigo