[WikiEN-l] Misogyny is the perfect troll

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 19:02:44 UTC 2007

> Sure enough, the better I got the more people thought I was male.  That
had
> side benefits sometimes.  My happiest moment as an athlete was the look in
> the eyes of a five-year-old girl when she realized a *woman* had executed
> the stunt she really liked to watch.  And eventually, in a totally
different
> context, it led to a hilarious encounter with a couple of Hell's Angels
> who thought I was a guy.

You make it sound like posting a picture of yourself would not have
helped. :-)

In certain situations people set their brains on energy saver mode and
ignore obvious evidence such as the hourglass figure.  I joked about getting
the hog repainted in Barbie pink.  Usually people got the hint when they saw
I was wearing a scrunchy.  That particular day I was taking a long ride up
the San Joaquin valley and had tucked my hair into my jacket to reduce
tangles.

Seriously, some of the replies at this thread have really looked like
examples of the fundamental attribution error.

-Durova