[WikiEN-l] Misogyny is the perfect troll

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 02:00:48 UTC 2007

On 8/31/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why is that that women seem to drift away from editing proper, to deal
> with more "organization" matters ? Less bullshit probably. Less
> agressivity. Smaller groups where people know each other. Hard to say.
> But in the organization proper, I would say there is no mysogyny. If you
> want to join and help, there is a LOT to do :-)
>
> Ant

I have no idea what the Foundation is or the organizational structure
of anything, and was really just talking about en-Wikipedia.  I edit
on a few other Wikipedias, the Polish and Spanish ones on occasion,
but they're different.

I like editing, doing research in the sciences.  It's something I've
done for a living on and off for much of my life, and it enhances what
I do now for a living, which consumes so much time, I can barely
function, so I'm an unlikely candidate for volunteering in
organization.  When I have extra time one day, I'll look around and
see who's who, what's what in the upper echelons.  Thanks for the
note.

KP