[WikiEN-l] Anonymous page creation will be reenabled on English Wikipedia.

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:09:29 UTC 2007

> Second, I think that if you guys, for whatever reasons, decide that one
> board member you elected is really really really wrong, you have the
> power to make his life a misery. You really do :-)

If we decide that, then yes, but without the minutes of board meetings
being published, we have no way to know who to blame. We can only
blame the board as a whole. We get the results of individual votes
with names (in most cases, anyway, there seem to be some missing), but
that doesn't really tell us much. They are almost all universally
supported, which suggests to me you wait until everyone is happy
before voting (essentially consensus based decision making, which is
nice to see), so we don't know who forced certain compromises, who
gave in to pressure on certain issues, etc.

I can't remember the reasons given for keeping the minutes
confidential, but I imagine it has to do with privacy issues. I
imagine the vast majority of things discussed in board meetings are
not private, so why can't the minutes be published with the board
going into closed session just to discuss certain issues?