[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia struggles, Mozilla set for life?

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Fri Oct 26 15:58:01 UTC 2007

> Earlier: "... we were absolutely savaged by the editors..."

Peter Blaise responds:  Yes, that's it exactly.  The editors admins
sysops moderators developers whatever seem all too often in an angry
mood, as if we mere contributors were interrupting their otherwise fine
day.  "If it wasn't for those dang customers, this job would run
smoothly!"  =8^o

I keep harping on
- patience,
- tolerance,
- acceptance
- and equivalent consideration,
... but I do see them as the "count to 100 before replying" cool down
opportunity.

For instance, I suggested on another mediawiki list that folks could
simply scroll-on if they're not interested in a post, or if they must
take responsive action, they could set an example of the kind of post
they would prefer, instead of merely complaining.  One of "them"
immediately ripped my head off for my insensitivity to the difficult job
"they" have.  I guess that was an example of the kind of post they
prefer!  Doh!

"We have seen the enemy, and it's us" - Pogo