[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia:Excellent short articles

Kwan Ting Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Wed Oct 24 07:37:23 UTC 2007

> Like many Wikipedia decisions I feel that this one has been made
> defensively.  Short articles collect random unverified crap which they
> do not as much when part of a larger article.  A larger, compendium
> article is more likely to have watching editors, too.

On your 2nd point, you may be right.

However, your 1st point, surely a great big long article have more
chance of finding {{fact}} statement in then one of paragraph or two.
Those that are short and unsourced will at least be obviously so,
whereas the embedded uncited statement can often be left there for
years.

KTC

  - Heinrich Heine