[WikiEN-l] fundraising

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 15:09:21 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> Some of us are busy, you know, actually writing an encyclopedia.
> Comparing your edit history to mine, I would say you aren't particularly
> active in that area, lately, and so aren't in a good position to throw
> stones.
>
> Does [[WP:NPA]] not apply to the mailing list and these sorts of snide
> attacks on other editors are now permitted? I'd like to request Oskar be
> put on moderation, please.
>
> -Mark

I'm sorry, I absolutely didn't mean it as an insult to anyone. The
people I was talking about is none of the people on this list, I can
assure you. I meant the trolls and the vandals and the people that
write attack sites and so on, the bad element that wikipedia attracts.
And even with good editors debate sometimes get heated and tiring, we
all know that (and it doesn't mean the people we debate with are bad
people, just that sometimes we disagree). I just figured it could be
good diversion to sometimes look at what the users of wikipedia
thought, and to see that wikipedia is a mightily good thing, after
all.

I can assure you, my comment was not meant to be derogatory at all, it
was written in a pure spirit of WikiLove. It's no secret that for many
people wikipedia can really burn you out, since all you get is strife
and disagreements, and I Just thought: "Hey look at that, we're doing
good after all!". That's all I meant, and I certainly hope that wont
make me be put on moderation.

--Oskar