[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly, Dec 2007)

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 18:24:30 UTC 2007

On 21/10/2007, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 10/21/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 21/10/2007, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> > > Anyway, for all I know they've already gotten permission.  Who would
> > > be the one to contact about this?
> >
> > No idea. But they don't need permission; they are under no legal or
> > moral or ethical obligation to ask for it;
>
> Wow, I'm rather surprised by that.  Ohwell.

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is here. A book has been
published about how to contribute to Wikipedia and some are worrying
about whether we should threaten them for using "Wikipedia" in the
title?

Such a book could only help Wikipedia. Firefox became too concerned
with their name and it's usage, and people stopped using it (Debian) -
who does that help?

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)