[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly, Dec 2007)

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 17:36:30 UTC 2007

On 21/10/2007, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> > Depending on their sales curve,
> > opening it up at some point could well give them a nice sales boost.
> >
> Maybe, maybe not.  Using Wikipedia in the title surely provides a nice
> sales boost, though.

Um. It's a book about Wikipedia. Not including "Wikipedia" in the
title would be somewhat awesomely counterproductive, rather than just
missing out on a "sales boost".

> Anyway, for all I know they've already gotten permission.  Who would
> be the one to contact about this?

No idea. But they don't need permission; they are under no legal or
moral or ethical obligation to ask for it; and I can't see the
Foundation saying otherwise to anyone who contacted them.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk