[WikiEN-l] [[Views of Lyndon LaRouche]] indefinitely full protected

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Sun Oct 21 01:03:07 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel R. Tobias [mailto:dan at tobias.name]
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 06:51 PM
To: wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] [[Views of Lyndon LaRouche]] indefinitely full	protected

On 20 Oct 2007 at 15:58:57 -0700, "George Herbert"
<george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Groups and their individual members always will want to slant Wikipedia;
> we're all human. We have lots of policy and precedent to deal with that.
> But extended, organized campaigns are another thing entirely.

...and LaRouche's group is extremely unlikely to be the last. Has
the Church of Scientology been doing anything of that sort? If they
haven't, they probably will eventually, since that's their style. So
will lots of other groups, big and small. Eventually, there may be a
whole bunch of contentious articles in this category.

--
== Dan ==

Scientology has presented a significant problem of the same nature, but as they are not attempting to take over the government, opponents are not quite as determined and excited. Although, the situation in some European countries is much more heated.

Fred