[WikiEN-l] [[Views of Lyndon LaRouche]] indefinitely full protected

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Sat Oct 20 23:53:44 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Oskar Sigvardsson [mailto:oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 04:50 PM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] [[Views of Lyndon LaRouche]] indefinitely full	protected

On 10/21/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not a routine protection; it's a longstanding, active, serious abuse
> case.

Even so, this is not what we've ever done! What this is is an
effective elevation of admins into a specially protected
"super"-editor class that have full powers to decide and control what
goes in an article. That is NOT what an admin is supposed to do,
article contents have always been decided by community consensus. It
is a foundational issue, right up there with Free Content and NPOV.

This is counter to what wikipedia is. We're not Citizendium.

--Oskar

I guess "anyone can edit" is the fundamental principle. However the article in question is being edited only by the operatives of an organization and a few others who have become expert regarding the organization. Essentially, one side of the debate is being carried on by sock and meatpuppets that never give up.

 Fred