[WikiEN-l] [[Views of Lyndon LaRouche]] indefinitely full protected

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 22:11:29 UTC 2007

On 10/20/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> On 10/20/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Grumble. I probably shouldn't, only make the situation more heated...
> > > besides, does anyone who isn't a wikipedian really care...
> > > grumble..... fine, it's in the Firehose!
> >

> > I actually suspect that "Wikipedia is very tolerant, but doesn't put
> > up with rubbish forever" will find favour with the general public.
> >
> As would "Wikipedia abandons open editing", probably.

This is far from the first article to be protected.

I do not hope or expect this to in any way be "permanent".  But I do not
intend to turn it of in (a week, a month, etc).  There are large issues here
with extremely persistent extemely abusive organized external groups.  The
first Arbcom case on this topic was 3 plus years ago, with 3 more since
including the proposed one being reviewed for acceptance now.  There has
been at least one blocked user who's sockpuppeted fairly continuously for
years on the topic.

If that is not tedentious extended edit warring, I do not know what is.

As David Gerard mentions on ANI, the Flagged Revisions software upgrade may
render this unnecessary, or other policy or operational changes could have
the same effect.

As I noted on ANI - the article is not frozen.  Any administrator can still
edit it during the protection.  If there are legitimate concerns or
improvements desired, they can be discussed and justified on the talk page,
and made live by any admin.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com