[WikiEN-l] The percentage of English Wikipedia articles about living people over time.

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:42:27 UTC 2007

On 17/10/2007, Michael Noda <michael.noda at gmail.com> wrote:

> The second hypothesis is that Rambot introduced a culture of
> comprehensiveness into the editor pool; now that we had an article on
> *every* place in the US, we now needed to have articles on *every*
> Nobel Prize winner, *every* current member of the national
> legislature, every *former* member of the national legislature, and so
> on.

Give that man a cookie. The lure of completeness is very good for
getting the final 25% of anything written; the more complete sets we
have to point to as precedents, the more likely any given grouping is
going to be defined as "completable".

And things like biographies, which are human-written and individual by
neccessity, are a bigger lure than manually writing stubs on French
communes, so these are the kind of things that people focus on as
their sets to work on.

I like it.

--
- Andrew Gray