[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 17 19:13:16 UTC 2007

Ray Saintonge wrote

> The good faith assumption is
> that an Arbcom newbie wants to do a good job, but that the size of the
> task does not register until he takes time to try to hard.

That's part of it. The AC is very much a committee, and how effective people can be depends on how they function in a committee-operating-unchaired-by-threaded-email environment. There is stress caused by responsibility, too. People need job satisfaction to go on with work, and what goes on doesn't score any marks for neatness.

Well, elections are coming up. Those enfranchised will, I hope, vote for people who have characteristics matching the job description.

Charles