[WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Wed Oct 17 12:46:05 UTC 2007

On 17 Oct 2007 at 00:02:23 -0700, Will Beback
<will.beback.1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's even worse if folks are saying that it does exist but that we
> shouldn't do anything about it. Again, I think that having a clear
> policy with bright lines will help us reduce the disruption caused by
> people who are trying to cause disruption by engaging in inappropriate
> harassment.

I think a lot of what is wrong in the world in general is the result
of people (including legislatures) constantly feeling like they need
to "do something about" whatever issue or problem people are getting
into a big fuss about at the moment... even doing something
completely ridiculous, or counterproductive, or actively harmful, is
seen as better than doing nothing.  A lot of braindead legislation
has resulted from this impulse.

--
== Dan ==