[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:11:14 UTC 2007

> I wonder how the community would react if an Arbitrator said, I want
> to take a 6 month break but not give up my seat entirely; and would
> Jimbo appoint a replacement for that 6 month period.

There is precedent for resigned arbitrators being allowed to retake
their positions any time until they would have expired normally, even
after a replacement has been elected (not appointed, and not just for
the length of the break, so the original arbitrator returning would
increase the size of the committee temporarily). I don't believe
anyone has actually done so, but Mindspillage and Filiocht have the
option to for another year (according to the timeline on WP:ARBCOM).