[WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Tue Oct 16 14:23:14 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Gray [mailto:shimgray at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 03:16 AM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

On 16/10/2007, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The way I see it, there has been vastly more disruption to Wikipedia
> > coming from attempts to suppress links to sites than has ever
> > occurred by the presence of such links.
>
> In the case of WR, I think that there's a case to be made.

"If you want to take Vienna, take Vienna". If you want to block
linking to Wikipedia Review, then block linking *to Wikipedia Review*.

There are many people violently against the "attack sites removal"
concept who would tolerate "site A and B are irredeemably and
inherently useless for reasons X Y and Z, don't link there". I still
haven't seen a good reason we can't have an (Arbcom-named?) blacklist,
kept as small and undisputable as possible...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk

I suspect the whole issue will be put off until our next election. The current committee seems to not agree even on such a short list or what it would mean.

Fred