[WikiEN-l] The Simpsons is an Attack Site... er... Show!

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Tue Oct 16 08:14:44 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Derksen [mailto:bryan.derksen at shaw.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 02:13 AM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] The Simpsons is an Attack Site... er... Show!

Marc Riddell wrote:

>>> Strongly seconded.  Daniel is committing a pretty clear straw man fallacy.
> on 10/15/07 3:41 PM, Andrew Gray at shimgray at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Myself, I assumed he was committing a pretty clear joke.
>
> Me too. I'm amazed it's been carried this far.

I'm amazed to find that near as I can tell from the archives this is the
first thing that Jimmy has posted to this mailing list since August 29.
After all this very serious debate about attack sites and foundation
policies and community issues, the nearly two-month silence is broken
with a single-line response to a joke thread wherein he misses the joke.

Not sure what it signifies, if anything, just kind of odd.

Mostly common sense, I think. The contradictions inherent in the subject do not encourage participation in this discussion by a politically savvy person.

Fred