[WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Mon Oct 15 17:31:53 UTC 2007

>> Obviously we need to make an exception for prominent people whose
>> viewpoint we support. And by the way, I am not joking.
>
> Oh, my.  I really thought you were.  How, then, is this remotely
> compatible with NPOV?

or commenting until now. I cannot emphasize how unacceptable this is. If we are
having problems complying with NPOV then we need to fix those. The notion of
changing NPOV or not complying with it because we agree with certain people is
frankly even worse an idea than BADSITES.

Jimbo has said the NPOV is non-negotiable and with good reason. The Siberian
wiki refused to be NPOV and had their Wiki taken away as a result. The moment
we willingly go against NPOV we have sold our soul and are no worse than the
caricatures of Wikipedia that can be found at WikipediaReview, WikiTruth and
others. I am disturbed that a senior member of the ArbCom would suggest such a
thing.

Joshua Zelinsky (JoshuaZ)