[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:34:24 UTC 2007

On 10/14/07, fredbaud at waterwiki.info <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
> We have that movie from time to time. Usually I play the reluctant juror.
> But I always played that role in real life too. Wikipedia is generally for
> more tolerant of such dissent than analogous outside venues.

Tolerant, perhaps, in the sense that dissent will generally be "duly
noted" rather than argued, as  unanimity of jurors is not required for
a "conviction".

I'm thinking that garden-variety courtroom dramas might not be the
best viewing to recommend. However, good films about Supreme Court
cases have been hard to find. So what do we do, given the choice
between Amistad and People v. Larry Flynt...

—C.W.