[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 22:45:42 UTC 2007

On 10/14/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wow, am I ever going to vote against everyone on ArbCom next time
> > around.  Why do people run for it if they won't do the work?
>
> They do the work for bit, it's just the term length is too long. You
> can't expect people to devote the time required to be a good
> arbitrator for 3 years.

Yeah, maybe that's an answer. It is a volunteer job, after all.  But
to hear that they're voted in in January, and some have been on
vacation (whatever the phrase was) since January, and only two ArbCom
members write the proposed decisions says there is more wrong than
right at this point with the committe as a whole.  It's no wonder
decisions are not being made, people are complaining about too much
time to get decisions, and ArbCom members are burnt out.  If you have
a job that requires a dozen people being performed by 2, it gets
tiresome, and it doesn't get done on time or very well.

KP