[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Sun Oct 14 18:57:29 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: William Pietri [mailto:william at scissor.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2007 12:36 PM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Arbcom

fredbaud at waterwiki.info wrote:
> I made one suggestion, which might not be particularly workable. Regardless, we need to find solutions.
>
> Fred

Say, Fred. Since you're a retired lawyer, are there any other approaches
we might borrow from real-world court systems?

For example, some of the suggestions that have gone by sound vaguely
similar to my very limited understanding of the way US appeal courts
manage workload. Perhaps there's something we could learn from them?

I also wonder if there other tricks we could borrow, like the special
focus that juvenile or drug courts have. Or the limited scope of a
small-claims court.

Since I know relatively little about either courts or the workings of
ArbCom, this may be crazy talk. But I thought I'd ask.

William

--
William Pietri <william at scissor.com>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:William_Pietri

Not off the top of my head, but how about making some suggestions? I find this train of thought productive.

Fred