[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

Thatcher131 Wikipedia thatcher131 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 17:34:43 UTC 2007

On 10/14/07, fredbaud at waterwiki.info <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
> I made one suggestion, which might not be particularly workable. Regardless, we need to find solutions.
>
> Fred

I had an idea a while ago, I don't remember if I ever presented it before.

Why not have cases heard before a panel of 5 Arbitrators, randomly
chosen from the list of Arbitrators active when the case was accepted?
 Cases that are voted out 5-0 or 4-1 would close as is; cases where
the votes were 3-2 or less would be heard before the entire committee.
 That way, Arbitrators do not have to hear every case, and might not
burn out as quickly. (A vote of 5-0 is all most cases get by the Fall
of the year anyway.)

Thatcher