[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 14 15:11:03 UTC 2007

"Thomas Dalton" wrote

> > Well, why not ask? Jimbo is actually doing what he has adverted to over the years, getting out of the operational matters. Doesn't mean he's out of circulation. I actually mentioned appointments after the summer to him, earlier in the year. The whole slowdown business is entirely predictable to those who grok the AC's work.

> By all means ask him, but I really can't see him making unilateral
> appointments to ArbCom.

You are pre-judging the issue on the one outcome that would make an immediate difference.

> You seem to be talking as though AC not working is perfectly
> acceptable just because it's predictable and has happened before.
> That's complete nonsense. If it's predictable, it means there is no
> excuse for not fixing it.

In some circles this is called "shooting the messenger". I tend to feel that posting to wikien could be an effective way to communicate my views, and by that I hope to promote informed discussion. There are however other things I could be doing. I'll go back to one of them now.

Charles