[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:24:32 UTC 2007

On 10/14/07, Christiano Moreschi <moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Other measures? Expanding the committee to a far greater number but
> limiting the numbers that could participate on a particular case would be
> one option (or simply establish a rota). I hadn't thought of committees of
> administrators, who could either advise or whom the ArbCom could delegate
> easy cases (Artaxerex, Bharatveer) to, but it's not a bad idea. Thoughts?

The key problem is the temporary absence of active arbitrators. The
arbitrators are presumably unwilling to resign and lose their place
entirely. I have an idea which is similar to the panels proposal but easier
to implement and less bureaucratic. Given that arbitrators often become
unavailable for a few months,  before becoming free to participate again,
why not have a pool of deputy Arbitrators who could temporarily fill places
during the absence of the main board? The deputies could comprise former
Arbitrators who still have the community's trust, and those who narrowly
missed out on election but were still approved by the community.

--
Sam Blacketer
London E15