[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Oct 12 20:25:36 UTC 2007

Steve Summit wrote:
> George Herbert wrote:
>
>> While I agree that the mishandling of stalking / abuse situations has
>> largely gotten us where we are today, I would have hoped to see people
>> make that point in a civil and respectful manner rather than crossing
>> the line into blaming the vicitms as you did above, Phil.
>>
>> This was not constructive, even if it was wrapped around an important point.
>>
> Actually, I think it *was* constructive.  It's a point I've wanted
> to make (perhaps not so harshly) for a long time, but I've been
> too chicken to make it at all.
>
> I don't know Slim Virgin well enough to know whether she's a
> reasonable person or a drama queen, so I GFly assume that she's a
> reasonable person.  So I'm not talking about Slim Virgin here.  But.
One observation that I have made about this latest go-round on the
mailing list is that Slim has _not_ participated.  Whether she has
elsewhere I don't know.  It all suggests to me that the topic has taken
on a life of its own, and she would be just as happy to see her name
disappear from the discussion.  I suspect too that she has learned the
lesson of not feeding trolls, whether or not the participants really are
trolls.

Ec