[WikiEN-l] Links for Deletion?

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 12 19:58:22 UTC 2007

"Charlotte Webb" wrote

> Blocks for edit-warring are common enough, but has anybody ever been
> desysopped for it (i.e. for edit-warring on a non-protected page)?
> That strikes me as an unusual "remedy".

There seems to be a theory that "you can only lose your admin powers by using them". Not quite sure where it comes from, but it's a rule of thumb. I don't entirely agree with this theory. I suppose ArbCom remedies are supposed to be improving matters, rather than being punitive.

This does have the problem that things can't be done for deterrent effect/pour encourager les autres. The snag there is that the more roguish the admin, the less the available slaps on the wrist do deter.

Charles