[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Fri Oct 12 00:06:24 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: William Pietri [mailto:william at scissor.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 05:03 PM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

fredbaud at waterwiki.info wrote:

>>> It is inappropriate to trash our own users on our own site.
>>>
>> This is not seriously in dispute, as far as I can tell.
>>

> That is exactly what is in dispute.

Fred, if you seriously think that's what I am disputing, then you have
gravely misunderstood my position. I believe that goes for quite a
number of people involved here as well.

It's very frustrating to have spent hours carefully trying to explain my
view, only to have it reduced to something that is a) obviously idiotic,
and b) deeply antithetical to what I've been trying to do for the dozen
years I've spent working on on-line community.

William

--
William Pietri <william at scissor.com>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:William_Pietri

That's not what you're disputing, but those who do want to trash other users and harm Wikipedia certainly work toward that goal. Once they destroy our capacity for self-defense and discredit advocates who oppose attacks on users, they will have an opportunity to engage in those activities.

And why are they pissed? Usually because their eccentric point of view is minimized. The La Roachies are an excellent example.

Fred