[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Thu Oct 11 23:33:25 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: James Farrar [mailto:james.farrar at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 05:06 PM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

On 11/10/2007, fredbaud at waterwiki.info <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> [...]

No, it really isn't.

What is in dispute is whether linking to a non-attack page on a site
which also has attack pages counts as "trashing our own users on our
own site".

What is also in dispute is the subjective manner in which potential
"attack sites" are assessed.

That's the strawman. Saying that Slate is somehow an "attack site" based on one link in an article. No, of course not.

We are always subjective, but a good discussion will almost always help us make better decisions. (Although, not necessarily on this list where we freely permit posting by persons who reject our premises).

Fred