[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu Oct 11 17:50:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com wrote:
> Let's get the scenario straight. Even if Slate were somehow classified as a site to which one should not link (not going to happen), and even if some editor links to Slate, it would take there being a very good reason not to link to the specific page, and then an obstinate defence of linking in the teeth of advice not to, before anything actionable in ArbCom terms has occurred.

I see you haven't been following the controversy.  It's about links to attack
*sites*, not links to specific pages that have attacks on them.  The idea is
that if a site is an attack site, *any link to that site at all* regardless
of whether the specific page linked to contains anything bad, is verboten.

So yes, under the proposal, the scenario could happen.