[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

Wily D wilydoppelganger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 13:45:10 UTC 2007

Fred

This is, of course, an open issue, with a non-trivial contingent of
editors agitating for this action by Slate to result in a permanent
and complete expunging of every link from Wikipedia to Slate.com

To boot, ArbCom is now making things far less clear than they were
before.  You yourself have made numerous comments on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Attack_sites/Proposed_decision#Malicious_sites
this page which are going to be taken as saying "Ban everyone who
links to Slate.com", whether that's what you meant to say or not.
Furthermore, you cannot reasonably expect everyone to keep track of
all the pointless drama, some of us are here to write an
encyclopaedia.  A regular editor may well be legitimately concerned
that linking to Slate will get them banned - and *even if* this
particular question was asked disingenuously, somebody else is going
to be wondering the same thing in all honesty.  There's no need to
throw about counter-accusations and speculations.  The first response
"No - this does not qualify Slate.com as an attack site" is all that
needs to be said on this issue.

Cheers
WilyD