[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:38:50 UTC 2007

I just thought this interesting because I've used Slate as a reference for a
number of articles - but following the rigid definition of an attack site
which seems to be in vogue amongst a significant few, linking to Slate is
now verboten.

http://www.slate.com/id/2175651/

"Brandt also has an interesting take on how Google props up Wikipedia as a
premier information source, since more than 50 percent of Wikipedia's
traffic comes from Google searches. If you wish to enter further into
Brandt's matrix, read about how he uncovered a likely MI-5 agent operating
on Wikipedia under the alias Slimvirgin. The winding road starts here [link
to Wikipedia Review post by Brandt]."

I know this sounds like beating a dead horse, but correct me if I'm mistaken
- we have never been given an assurance by proponents of this rigid
definition that "reliable sources" like Slate cannot be given blanket
treatment as attack sites and suddenly have all external links to them
suppressed.

Johnleemk