[WikiEN-l] A thought on community dynamics

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 10 23:03:45 UTC 2007

on 10/10/07 6:38 PM, George Herbert at george.herbert at gmail.com wrote:

> We can always create another mailing list, or a discussion project on
> en.wikipedia or meta somewhere.

I am very open to this, George. In fact, one of my proposals would require
either a separate List or a "sandbox" type of thing in Wikipedia itself
where persons could learn and practice communication skills.

> I agree that there are cultural issues, but my long experience with
> internet culture makes me tend to think that there aren't real
> "solutions" for them per se.

Then let's put our collective creativities together and find some solutions.
It could become just one of Wikipedia's legacies.

> However, I am open to having my mind
> changed on that point.

That is all that I ask.

Marc