[WikiEN-l] Templates for the masses

Zoney zoney.ie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:10:38 UTC 2007

On 07/10/2007, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think this going to change anytime soon, and in many situations
> template banners are very helpful.
>
> The best way to efficiently suggest the redundancy of a template is to go
> and fix it yourself, if they piss you off that much. But expecting that
> everyone is capable (much less willing) to fix every problem they see
> themselves is foolishness, plain and simple.

I'm not suggesting people are capable or willing to fix every problem they
see (really, this negates the "so fix it" argument that even you yourself
use). I do however think it is good for people to recognise even problems
that aren't going to be solved anytime soon, and even discuss them. Indeed
it's a lot better to have plenty of discussion before any action whatsoever
is taken!

Zoney
--
~()____) This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...