[WikiEN-l] Templates for the masses

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 01:03:53 UTC 2007

On 08/10/2007, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:
> I template the hell out of articles that are inappropriate content but
> won't be corrected.  The x-ray crystallography article, which requires
> an expert, not a bunch of physicists and mathematicians, shouldn't be
> the general article on the topic, it's written essentially about x-ray
> crystallography of bio molecules, and it looks exactly like what it
> is: a compilation of disorganized insights into the field without a
> retaining substance, like an outline.

You think templates will help how?  Physicists and mathematicians are
the closest you will get to experts. Chemists tend not to worry about
the maths too much these days and biologists are no better (after all
who needs the maths when the computer handles that side your job is to
tell if what it is producing is halfway sane).

> There are some articles that shouldn't be on Wikipedia, and if I don't
> have time to correct them, and no one else will either, then I'm going
> to at least warn the readers that the article is a piece of crap in
> various ways.  That's what the templates do.  In fact, one of the
> first times I read an article on Wikipedia it came with a warning.
>
> KP

NPOV the various fact dispute. maybe. {{expert}} I think not.

--
geni